This simple recipe offers a sweet fall treat packed with beta carotene. You can eat it as a side dish or snack — either way, it melts in your mouth. It’s also got powerful antioxidants that help your body kick free radicals to the curb.
- 1 acorn squash, split in two, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Splenda® or Stevia®
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp buttery spread (like Smart Balance®)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place acorn squash halves inside up in a shallow baking dish with 1 inch of water.
- Sprinkle the inside of each squash half with1 tsp buttery spread, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp Splenda® or Stevia®, and 1 tsp nutmeg.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until inside is soft when pierced with a fork
Nutrition information (Per serving)
Serving size: 2
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Ads Links by Easy Branches