Friday, April 3
- Manchester United chief Ed Woodward is ready to make a raid for Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez this summer
- Liverpool are set to abandon their plans to sign RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Chelsea have tabled a transfer offer for Lautaro Martinez that is more attractive than Barcelona’s attempt to sign the Inter Milan striker
Harry Kane urged to leave Tottenham
Manchester United transfer target Harry Kane has questioned if he has to leave Tottenham to win trophies and former Spurs striker Darren Bent can understand the player's frustrations.
"It was basically what we all kind already knew without saying it but what he did was basically confirm it," Bent said.
“Saying if the club starts going in a direction where we’re not improving then I’m not going to be about any more. I can understand it.
“He’s probably thinking how long does he have left? He’s 26, he’s had some serious injuries along the way – it’s not like he’s had a smooth ride to 26."
“I don’t think they’re going to win the league in the next couple of years, I can’t see them winning the Champions League so is he saying a League Cup’s an improvement? I don’t think he is.”
Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd chief Woodward is ready to spend
Chelsea have tabled a transfer offer for Lautaro Martinez that is more attractive than Barcelona’s attempt to sign the Inter Milan striker. Both clubs are on the hunt for attacking reinforcements and are prepared to battle it out for the Argentine frontman.
But Chelsea appear to have taken the initiative in the transfer tug-of-war, according to reports from Spain.
Sport claim the Blues have submitted a ‘very high financial offer’ for the 22-year-old in an attempt to hijack Barcelona’s pursuit.
The La Liga giants had been considered leading contenders to sign Martinez as a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez, who is 34 next year.
But the latest report suggests Barca have experienced ‘nervousness’ surrounding the deal as Chelsea step up their interest.
Man Utd eyeing £70m midfielder
Manchester United chief Ed Woodward is ready to make a raid for Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez this summer. The Red Devils are anticipating they may need a replacement for Paul Pogba.
Saul, 25, has impressed for Atletico this season, helping them knock Liverpool out of the Champions League before the coronavirus pandemic stopped all football.
The playmaker has a massive £131million release clause but Spanish outlet AS claim Woodward is only willing to offer around £70m for his services.
Saul is currently in talks with Atletico over a new contract despite the COVID-19 crisis.
Liverpool make Timo Werner decision
Liverpool are set to abandon their plans to sign RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Daily Mail reports the Reds are shelving all summer transfer plans.
Liverpool were heavily expected to sign Werner once the window opens.
The German striker was vocal about his admiration for Jurgen Klopp's side, and a deal looked easy to make.
Werner reportedly has a release clause of £51million, and was said to be Liverpool's top target.
However, now they are set to lose out, after the club took the decision to postpone all transfer activity.
The table-toppers have decided to shelve all discussions regarding incoming transfers and contract renewals.
Arsenal and Chelsea battle
Arsenal and Chelsea are set to battle it out for the signing of Barcelona star Samuel Umtiti.
The Catalan giants are expecting both to make bids in excess of £26million.
Barca were previously asking for upwards of £35m for the Frenchman, but have dropped their valuation.
Spanish outlet SPORT claim the two sides are plotting bids between £26m and £35m for the World Cup winner.
Ads Links by Easy Branches
Play online games for free at games.easybranches.com