Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core | Wolves are set to land Portuguese star Aurelio Buta on loan when the January transfer window opens.

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo approves January transfer deal to bolster Portuguese core
  • By: express.co.uk
  • Views 12,043
10
Shared

Wolves boss Nuno is set to land a January transfer coup

Wolves boss Nuno is set to land a January transfer coup (Image: GETTY)

Wolves are closing in on a loan deal to bring Royal Antwerp's Aurelio Buta to Molineux in January, the Sunday Mirror report. 

Nuno Espirito Santo has told the board to go out and get the 22-year-old right-back to bolster his ranks for the second half of the campaign.

Buta has thrived in a wing-back role in the Belgian Pro League and therefore is deemed capable of providing cover and further competition for Matt Doherty.

The club’s squad has been pushed to the limits by the constraints of Europa League football this season and Nuno is keen to get some new faces through the door at the turn of the year.

Last weekend’s 2-1 win over Aston Villa was Wolves’ 24th competitive game of the campaign, but they have coped admirably with their workload and stand in good stead of reaching the Europa League knockout stages while chasing down the top six.

Wolves are keen to exercise their unique relationship with super-agent Jorge Mendes to wrap up the deal.

The 53-year-old has helped the club pull off several coups in recent times and they’re optimistic he can help bring Buta to the Black Country.

A clause which will allow Wolves to complete the permanent purchase of the Angolan-born defender is likely to be included.

Aurelio Buta looks like he could be heading to Wolves on loan

Aurelio Buta looks like he could be heading to Wolves on loan (Image: GETTY)

Wolves want to sign Buta on loan until the end of the season from Antwerp

Wolves want to sign Buta on loan until the end of the season from Antwerp (Image: GETTY)

Both Watford and Newcastle have sent scouts to Belgium to watch the Portuguese ace play this season alongside a host of former Premier League stars including Kevin Mirallas, Wesley Hoedt and Ritchie De Laet.

Wolves are also looking to strengthen in other areas of the field, particularly at centre-back after defensive bedrock Willy Boly suffered a fracture to his fibula at the end of October.

Head of recruitment John Marshall appeared to rule out a move for AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie earlier this week, a player they considered last summer.

"There was an interest [in Kessie] but there was never a real negotiation,” he told TMW at the Wyscout Forum in Amsterdam.

“I don't think so [a January move is in the pipeline], we have so many players in midfield."

Arsenal boss Unai Emery given one month to save his job as pressure builds from the board

Arsenal boss Unai Emery given one month to save his job as pressure builds from the board

Arsenal boss Unai Emery has one month to save his job

Arsenal boss Unai Emery has one month to save his job (Image: GETTY)

Arsenal boss Unai Emery has just one month to save his job as pressure is mounting from the board.

According to the Daily Mirror, Emery’s fate may be decided by the upcoming Premier League games against struggling Southampton, Norwich, Brighton and West Ham.

The Spaniard is also expected to deliver against a powerful Manchester City side at the Emirates on December 15 (4.30pm) and needs to seal qualification to the next round of the Europa League.

The ex-Sevilla boss was given a vote of confidence by head of football Raul Sanllehi after last week’s 2-0 defeat at Leicester which saw the north London club slump to sixth place with just two wins in the last 10 Premier League fixtures.

There is belief inside the club that sacking the former Paris Saint-Germain manager may not solve the crisis but their hand may be forced if results don’t improve soon.

There is a strong feeling within the club that Arsenal have lost their identity after Arsene Wenger’s 26-year reign at the helm came to an end in 2018.

Wenger transformed the Emirates outfit by building on the club’s traditional values and adding innovative modern methods that saw young players developing to football legends, such as Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas and many more.

The Frenchman also led the Arsenal Invincibles to an undefeated Premier League triumph in 2004.

There's a feeling that Arsenal have declined after Arsene Wenger's departure

There's a feeling that Arsenal have declined after Arsene Wenger's departure (Image: GETTY)

However, there’s now a feeling that the club has turned into a mere shadow of its old self as high-level appointments have failed and some of Wenger’s closest and most respected associates, like former head of youth recruitment Steve Morrow, have been cleared out.

An insider said: “The DNA that made Arsenal the club it was has slowly but surely drained away.

“Appointments have been made – both before and after Wenger's departure – that either didn't work out or aren't working out.

“Long-serving members of staff have been shocked by what's happening to the club.

“To say, it was a shock to see so many good people leave so suddenly is an understatement.

“Steve Morrow, in particular, is a huge loss.

“He is someone who is respected throughout football and is seen as having the potential to be a director of football.”

PSG ready to hijack £120m Jadon Sancho to Man Utd transfer because of Neymar

PSG ready to hijack £120m Jadon Sancho to Man Utd transfer because of Neymar

Man Utd will have to battle PSG for the signature of Jadon Sancho

Man Utd will have to battle PSG for the signature of Jadon Sancho (Image: GETTY)

PSG are ready to provide the biggest obstacle to Manchester United’s bid to land £120million rated England international Jadon Sancho.

The French giants have made Sancho, 19, their number one target for next summer with doubts surrounding the long-term future of Neymar.

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been eying a move for the former Manchester City starlet since last summer but is now in real danger of missing out.

Sancho is ready to quit Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund after being dropped following a late return from international duty last month.

{%=o.title%}

He was then hauled off after just 36 minutes of last weekend’s 4-0 defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich despite not being injured.

South London born Sancho is currently on duty with Gareth Southgate’s England has been attracting admiring glances from several clubs.

He can count Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp among them while Real Madrid and Juventus have also taken a close look at him in recent months as well.

Dortmund are determined to keep Sancho who took Germany by storm last season until the summer but Solskjaer’s plotting a January move to get a jump on his rivals.

PSG could look to replace Neymar with Jadon Sancho

PSG could look to replace Neymar with Jadon Sancho (Image: GETTY)

Liverpool legend Dieter Hamann recently opened up on the Reds being interested in the 19-year-old.

"What I hear is that Liverpool have great interest.

"I would imagine that next summer they could become one of the biggest interested parties.

Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to sign Jadon Sancho

Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to sign Jadon Sancho (Image: GETTY)

"He's from Manchester City and I do not know if he would come back again, and it's a thing for Manchester United, too, if they've ever been to the rivals."

Sancho has netted four goals and provided eight assists for Dortmund in all competitions this season so far.

The winger will hope to start for England tomorrow when they take on Kosovo having already qualified for Euro 2020.

Everton to bid for Nottingham Forest youngster Matty Cash

Everton to bid for Nottingham Forest youngster Matty Cash

Nottingham Forest youngster Matty Cash is interesting Everton.

The Sun says Everton are lining up a £12m January swoop for Cash.

The Toffees have sent scouts to watch the 22-year-old on several occasions already this season – impressed by his versatility as both a midfielder and full-back.

And with Cash's current contract expiring in the summer of 2021, Everton and Marco Silva are hoping to make an early bid before his price rockets come May.

Crystal Palace and Southampton are also keeping an eye on Cash, whose status has risen dramatically since progressing through the Forest academy and signing a senior deal in 2016.

ADVERTISING
ADVERTISING

Easy Branches Global Network allows You to share Your post within our Network in any Continent or Country on the Global

Your Post
boatshowchina expolifestyle.com