The days of in-person networking are quickly being overpowered by connecting on the internet. In the past 10 years, connecting on social networking sites has rocketed from a niche activity into a phenomenon that engages billions of internet users. Now, instead of connecting at an in-person event, you can reach hundreds, even thousands, of potential customers online. Social networking can help you reach new markets and amplify as enhance Your customer service and advertisement by easily reaching them worldwide.
How many people use social media?
In 2020, the number of people using social media is over 3.81 billion worldwide, with the average user having 8.6 accounts on different networking sites. Popular platforms like Facebook have over 66.39% of their monthly users logging in to use social media daily.
All social networks report growth data on the number of monthly active users or MAU’s rather than the number of accounts, as this data is more accurate for measuring actual use and territory penetration.
What percentage of people use social media?
The current percentage of people using social media is 49.03% of the world’s total population. However, when we look into platform penetration rates from people in eligible audiences, 83.36% of 4.57 billion global internet users and 90.71% of 4.20 billion mobile internet users are on social media.
Social media users:
Maybe they are prospective customers.
Perhaps its industry players or marketing influencers.
Either way, breaking down your audience will help you figure out the following.
- Which social media sites you’re active on
- Your posting schedule
- Type of content You publish
- Your brand’s voice
- Information on Your social media profiles
Global important influencers, brands, bloggers, small business owners, friends and everyone in between use this social media accounts:
- Facebook - about Active Monthly Users: about 2.37 billion.
- YouTube - about Active Monthly Users: about 2 billion.
- WhatsApp - about Active Monthly Users: about 1.5 billion.
- Messenger - about Active Monthly Users: about 1.3 billion.
- Instagram - about Active Monthly Users: about 1 billion..
- Twitter. - about Active Monthly Users: 330 million
- TikTok - about Active Monthly Users: 580 million
- Pinterest - about Active Monthly Users: 322 million
- Snapchat - about Active Monthly Users: 360 million
- LinkedIn - about Active Monthly Users: 780 million
- Reddit - about Active Monthly Users: 430 million
Hipstamatic is another app similar to Instagram, but it's not free and available only for iPhones. Just like Retrica, Hipstamatic lets its users apply filters to a photo before or after taking it.
Which gender uses social media more?
A study found that women were more avid users of social media.